Let’s start today’s post with an update on resolutions and fitness, shall we? I’m not a really big fan of setting New Year’s Resolutions; however, I do like to use the new year has a chance to hit the reset button. Whether it’s starting something new or revisiting an old resolution. Health, wellness, and fitness, are things I always try to make an effort on throughout the year.
So far, I’ve been pretty good about eating right. I’ve also taken my lunch to work more rather than eating out. I’ve also made fitness a priority too, whether it’s going on a Sunday morning walk with my mom or trying new workout classes with my coworkers. This week I tried a barre class for the first time. We don’t have Pure Barre where I live, but a second barre studio opened up closer to my house. I was really nervous to try it. I knew it would be tough, and I was worried the instructors and regulars would make me feel intimidated. What helped was having coworkers to laugh (and struggle) with.
And I’m so glad I stepped out of my fitness comfort zone and tried something new! I felt so good after the class, almost the same as runners who feel endorphins. Still waiting for that to happen to me haha.
I’ve also been getting back into yoga practice, which is probably my favorite workout as I always feel so relaxed and at peace after a class.
Mind you, I haven’t worked out every day, and I’ve indulged with food too. But that’s what it’s about. Balance.
So what have I been reminded of in the first two weeks of 2015? Putting yourself first is so important, and so is enjoying life. I’m not beating myself up if I skip a day of working out. I’m hoping to keep up this positive energy in the weeks and months to come. Stay tuned!
And now back to our regularly scheduled programming…
- Used a spiralizer last night for the first time! Here are 28 zucchini pasta recipes.
- A guide to defining your target audience and readers.
- Turn your ballet flats into trendy lace up flats.
- These waffle donuts sound amazing.
- Midday productivity hacks to get you through the work day.
- Love this Kate Spade tote, and it can be monogrammed!
- Cajun shrimp and sausage skewers. Yum.
- Interesting take on networking and asking people to coffee.
- SoulCycle for Target clothing collaboration.
- This cupcakes and cashmere plaid dress is so adorable and currently on sale!