This week I had the opportunity to attend a blogging panel at Duquesne University. I learned so much, and I was thrilled I got to go. I first heard about the event on Sydney’s blog, and when I knew she was going to be there, I had to attend. Also at the event were Julia of eatPGH, Lindsay of I heart PGH, and Mandy of The Curvy Blogger. All four of the panelists had great advice, but I thought I’d share two things that really stuck out to me and things that I always keep in mind when blogging.
First, be yourself in your writing. One of my goals is to always be honest and authentic with my readers. What you see, or in this case read, is the real me. In this crazy blogging world, all you can do is be yourself.
Second, blog with passion. I blog because I love to blog. While there are the obvious benefits to being a blogger, I do it because I love it, and I love what I blog about. Blogging has been a great outlet for me. And if blogging doesn’t make you happy, then it won’t be long before you lose interest.
Even if you’re not a blogger, I think these lessons are still applicable to anyone’s life. Be yourself, and do things with passion. Life is too short to do anything else.
- One of my favorite outfits.
- Love this monogrammed gift guide on The College Prepster. I have the Moon and Lola cuff, and it’s fabulous.
- Gift guides galore! A gift guide for the prepster in your life!
- Great tips for personal style bloggers.
- The prettiest candle ever. Yes, there is such a thing.
- A delicious dip for all of those holiday parties.
- Some of the prettiest watches I ever did see.
- Tips for writing a professional email. Everyone should abide by these.
- Courtney’s blog is definitely one of my favorites. I love how she styled these sneakers. Does anyone know if/when her Bravo show is coming back?
- Beautiful Thanksgiving tablescapes.
Finally, I’d be doing you a disservice if I didn’t mention that Kate Spade is offering 25% off your entire purchase with the code BEMERRY until Sunday, November 16. Perfect time to snatch up a few things for your girlfriends, sisters, and mommas! Happy shopping!