Today, Steph of In the Valley and I are teaming up and sharing our tips for staying healthy. Now by no means am I an expert, but I have found that there are some simple things I can do to be a healthier me.
- Hydrate. Drinking water has lots of health benefits. Instead of reaching for an unhealthy snack, I drink water to feel full. It saves me all of those unwanted calories.
- Drink green tea. I try to drink a minimum of 2-3 cups per day. I’m kind of addicted to it. Green tea can help boost your metabolic rate, which is helpful when you’ve indulged in one too many margaritas the previous weekend. Oops.
- Eat protein. Protein makes you feel full. Add a protein supplement to your smoothie when using as a meal replacement.
- Get your steps in. Do you really need to ride an elevator up two floors? Probably not.
- Find your favorite form of exercise. For me, that’s yoga. When you have a favorite way to exercise, you’re more likely to do it.
- Everything in moderation. If you want the loaded cheese fries, then order
them…for the table. Life is short, enjoy the things you love.
Remember my mantra, when you look good you feel good? If you feel inspired to live a healthy lifestyle, then you need some great workout gear too.