I’ve always had the intention to interview other people who inspire me here on A Pop of Pink. I guess it’s the writer and former newspaper reporter in me. Today I’m sharing my first interview with Scarlett of The Trendy Chick! I love her blog, so I was so excited when she agreed to let me ask her some questions. You can check out her blog here.
1. How did the idea for The Trendy Chick come about? I honestly didn’t even read any fashion blogs when I started The Trendy Chick. I was bored because I had recently finished doing a sport for the season and I had too much free time, so I decided that a blog would be the perfect creative outlet!
2. What’s your favorite part about blogging? Meeting new people and doing fun collaborations are my favorite things. I have made so many new friends through blogging and I can’t even imagine how boring my life would be without a blog!
3. What’s your least favorite part about blogging? I like most things about blogging, but I wish it didn’t take up so much time. I honestly feel like I could work on my blog 8 hours a day and still not have everything completed!
4. How would you describe your sense of style? I never know what to say for this but I would have to say colorful. I wear a wide variety of styles and I wouldn’t say my style is preppy or trendy or anything. But I am always wearing some sort of color!
5. If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be? I would go cute yet casual with some sandals, a v-neck, and comfy jeans!
6. What’s one fashion trend you can’t get on board with? Overalls. I just can’t do it. I think some people can pull off the short overalls, but I have seen very few people who actually look good in the long overalls!
7. Who or where do you get your inspiration from? I get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest and reading other blogs! That being said, it is important just to get inspiration from those sources and not completely copy them.
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I have always wondered what it would be like to live on the east coast. I also want to visit Greece, but I am not sure if I would want to live there or not!
9. Where do you see yourself in five years? In five years I will still be in college… so I see myself being extremely busy with school and hopefully still doing a little blogging!
10. What advice do you have for girls who are new to blogging? Be yourself and be original. Don’t copy other people’s ideas, but instead make your own amazing ideas stand out! Also, connect with as many bloggers as you can and make friends with other bloggers who are about your age or who are starting out at about the same time as you!
A big “thank you” to Scarlett for allowing me to interview her! I’m hoping to do more “Pink Profiles” in the future, so let me know if you enjoyed this post. If you’re interested in being interviewed, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.