When I first reached out to Kendall of Styled Snapshots, she was about to celebrate her one year blogiversary! I am so impressed with what she has accomplished on her blog in a little over a year. Her style is awesome, and I love that she’s not afraid to take fashion risks.
Thanks, Kendall! You rock.
1. When did you start Styled Snapshots, and what made you decide to start blogging? I started Styled Snapshots almost one year ago to the day! September 10th, 2013 was the day I took the plunge and decided to finally put it all out there for the world to see, read, enjoy and be inspired. I wanted to start blogging as a way to document my daily fashion inspirations and encourage others to have fun and take chances with fashion. Whether it is playing with patterns or mixing textures, just have fun, be inspired and be you!
2. What is your favorite kind of blog post to write? This is a tough one, but I think my favorites are transactional posts. I am all about versatile pieces, going from day to night and season to season. This way you get the most “bang for your buck” and realized ways of pairing items in your closet you might not have originally tried.
3. How would you describe your sense of style? Classic, fun, feminine and chic.
5. Who or where do you get your inspiration from? Living in NYC there is inspiration all around me on a daily basis. I usually am the most inspired by just walking around the different neighborhoods and viewing all that is around me; outfits, décor and overall feel of each neighborhood.
6. What do you like to do when you’re not blogging? I am a crazed puppy-mama, so I would say anything that has to do with her! Usually that entails the dog park. My fiancé and I also have been bitten by the travel bug, so we are always planning out next getaway!
7. What is one of the best pieces of advice—personal or professional—that has stuck with you? Be yourself, don’t compare yourself to anyone and just be confident!
8. What is one blogging goal you hope to achieve within the next year? To continue to grow my brand, connect with my readers and produce exciting and new content that continues to inspire! (And to think of a brilliant strategy for winter blogging so I don’t cause frost bite to myself and fiancé while taking pictures this year, hehe).
9. Where do you see yourself in five years? I will be married by then, hopefully starting a family and blogging full-time….fingers crossed!! A girl can dream, right?