After going through my closet this weekend, I got so excited to wear some of my favorite fall pieces from past seasons as well as new items that I picked up this year. Last year I did a post about my must-haves for fall, so I thought this year would be a great opportunity to do another round-up of items you need this fall.
- Cable sweaters are great for keeping you cozy and chic. I love them on their own or layered under a vest. Love this (even though it’s a men’s version) and this. You can’t go wrong with L.L.Bean either.
- Plaid shirts are another fall staple, which is why I included them on last year’s list. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but the shirt above is from Abercrombie & Fitch. I was impressed with their selection of plaid shirts. I sized up for a looser, longer fit, which is what I prefer. I also love this boyfriend style and the colors of this one.
- The utility jacket is one thing that I hope never goes out of style. If you need outfit inspiration, here is how I’m transitioning to fall with my utility jacket. This is my current favorite style.
- A pair of booties look great with skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans, dresses, really anything. I love the shorter style for when you don’t quite need to cover up your legs with a riding boot. I own the Sam Edelman ‘Petty’ style, and I love them. These have also been a popular style if you’re looking for a boot with a higher heel.
- A quality pair of leggings (or two or three). While these aren’t featured in the photo above, they are a necessity. They’re so comfortable, and they look great with a long cardigan or tucked into riding boots. I would live in them if I could. My favorite quality (no see through) leggings come from Lou & Grey (on major sale), Lululemon, and Zella.