My mom made this recipe the other night, and I knew I had to share it with all of you. I love healthy dishes that are delicious and make me feel full. I can’t eat a bowl of spinach every night. This was soooo good. I could probably eat it every week.
This cajun chicken pasta is packed with flavor and color. I’m a big veggie fan, but if you’re not, this is a good way to try to get those nutrients into your diet. We made this with regular pasta instead of linguini. I think any pasta could work with this dish.
- 8 ounces of uncooked pasta
- 1 pound chicken breast strips
- 1-2 tsp Cajun seasoning (or more if you want a lot of flavor)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp light cream cheese
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cooking spray
Definitely trying this with shrimp next time we make it. I would especially recommend this if you’re living alone. Save the rest for leftovers and pack it for work the next day!
Get the full recipe here.