Today marks my 23rd birthday, so I thought in honor of the day, I would share 23 facts about me! I always love reading other posts like this, and love the celebrity editions in Us Weekly. So without further adieu…here’s 23 things you might not have known about me!
1. I started A Pop of Pink when I was looking to fill a creative void. I was writing for the teen section of my city’s newspaper, but had to stop when I was no longer within the age requirement.
2. Mashed potatoes are my favorite food.
3. I’m terrified of thunderstorms.
4. I went to the University of Pittsburgh, but I’ve loved Pittsburgh sports teams, all of my life. Hail to Pitt!
5. I could watch college football, college basketball, or the NFL all day. Yes, I’m a girl who actually likes sports.
6. My go-to Starbucks order is an iced coffee with extra cream and two splenda. Or, a caramel apple spice if it’s fall or winter.
7. I don’t like pumpkin spice lattes, and I’m probably the only blogger that feels that way.
8. My guilty pleasure is Real Housewives (of almost any city).
9. Charleston is the next U.S. city I would love to visit.
10. Speaking of Charleston, I love Southern Charm too. Just call me Bravo-obsessed.
11. I’m the oldest grandchild on both sides of my family…and the favorite. 😉
12. I describe myself as an extroverted introvert.
13. The last book I read was Mindy Kaling’s second book, Why Not Me?
14. If I could only shop at three places for the rest of my life, they would be Lilly Pulitzer, J.Crew and Nordstrom.
15. My day job is in online public relations.
16. I’ve never seen a single Star Wars or Harry Potter movie, and probably never will.
17. I never pulled an all-nighter in college.
All photos by Connor Hollinger Phogoraphy
18. I’m more of a morning person than a night owl.
19. I have two Bachelor’s degrees in communications and psychology.
20. If I wasn’t doing what I’m doing now (see #15), I’d probably be a therapist.
21. I used to hate cheeseburgers (I know), and now I find myself craving them most of the time.
22. Reese Witherspoon is my favorite celebrity. Her Snapchat is great, and Sweet Home Alabama is my favorite movie. Legally Blonde is another favorite.
23. Certain movie always make me cry, doesn’t matter how many times I’ve seen it. I’ve also been known to cry at strangers’ wedding videos.
I’d love to hear more about my readers, so if you feel so inclined, feel free to leave a few facts about you. Thanks as always for following along, and let’s hope 23 is a great year!